- Absentee Application (PDF) - not accepted electronically
- Federal Post Card Application (PDF)
- Military and Overseas Citizens Absentee Ballot - accepted electronically
- Voter Registration (PDF) - not accepted electronically
Voter Registration and Absentee Application forms must be filled out and mailed or dropped off at the Lincoln County Auditors office. Email copies will not be accepted.
- Any voter who can't mark a ballot because the voter has a physical disability or can't read, may ask any person they choose to help them vote.
- Any voter may ask for instruction in the proper procedure for voting.
- Any voter at the polling place prior to 7:00 p.m. is allowed to cast a ballot.
- If your voting rights have been violated, you may call the person in charge of the election at 605-764-2581, the Secretary of State at 888-703-5328, or your State's Attorney.
- Any person who is convicted of a felony on or after July 1, 2012, loses the right to vote. However, any such person may register to vote following the completion of their felony sentence.
- Any person who is convicted of a felony on or before June 30, 2012, and who receives a sentence of imprisonment to the adult penitentiary system, including a suspended execution of sentence, loses the right to vote. Any such person so sentenced may register to vote following completion of their sentence. Further information is available at the South Dakota Secretary of State website.
Anyone who makes a false statement when they vote, tries to vote knowing they are not a qualified voter, or tries to vote more than once has committed an election crime.