Applications & Permits
Please review the applications & permits below:
- Agriculture Criteria (PDF) -
- Appeal Process Guide (LINK) - Property Owner Appeal Process Guide on South Dakota Department of Revenue website.
- Objection to real Property Assessment (PDF)
- Owner Occupied Application (PDF)
- Property Tax Forms (LINK) - Applications for Ag status, Owner Occupied, Objections on South Dakota Department of Revenue website.
Planning & Zoning
- Building/Zoning Permit (PDF) - A building/zoning permit is required prior to the construction of new structures, alterations to existing structures, or change of occupancy.
- Change of Zone (PDF) - A change of zone application is required to change the zoning district designation of a property.
- Conditional Use (PDF) - A conditional use permit allows for a property to be used conditionally for specific land uses designated within the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance.
- Nuisance & Zoning Complaint (PDF) - A complaint may be filed to direct staff to investigate alleged violations of the county nuisance or zoning ordinances.
- On-Site Wastewater System (PDF) - An on-site wastewater system application is required when installing a new or replacement septic system or holding tank.
- Plat (PDF) - A plat is submitted to subdivide or change the legal boundaries of a parcel of land.
- Preliminary Subdivision Plan (PDF) - A preliminary subdivision plan is required for proposed subdivisions of more than 3 lots.
- Temporary Use Permit (PDF) - A temporary use permit allows for uses and associated improvements to a property which are not considered permanent.
- Variance (PDF) - A variance is required when a particular hardship will occur if the strict letter of the regulations within the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance would be carried out.
Register of Deeds
- Authorization for Release of Certificate of Military Discharge (PDF) - Request a copy of military discharge DD214
- Marriage License Application (PDF) - Marriage Application
- Vital Records Request (PDF) - Request vital records (Birth/Death/Marriage)