NOTICE OF ADOPTION
1st Reading: June 8, 2021
2nd Reading: June 22, 2021
Public Hearing: June 22, 2021
Date Adopted: June 22, 2021
Date Published: July 2, 2021
Effective Date: July 22, 2021
ORDINANCE NO. 2106-31
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE 2009 REVISED ZONING ORDINANCE FOR LINCOLN COUNTY BY REZONING TRACT 2C, KROGER’S ADDITION, NW1/4, SECTION 28-T98N-R51W, GRANT TOWNSHIP, LINCOLN COUNTY, SD, FROM THE A-1 AGRICULTURAL DISTRICT TO THE GOOD EARTH FARM PLANNED DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT.
BE IT ORDAINED BY LINCOLN COUNTY, SD:
Section 1. Tract 2C, Kroger’s Addition, NW14, Section 28-T98N-R51W, Grant Township, Lincoln County, SD, is hereby rezoned from the A-1 Agricultural District to the Good Earth Farm Planned Development District, and the official zoning map referred to in Section 2.03 of the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance for Lincoln County is amended to include the property in the Good Earth Farm Planned Development District.
Section 2. That Article 10.00 of the 2009 Revised Zoning Ordinance for Lincoln County is hereby amended by adding a new subsection to read:
10.0606 Good Earth Farm Planned Development District. The regulations set forth herein or elsewhere in these regulations are the district regulations in the Good Earth Farm Planned Development District.
A. Uses Permitted. A building or premises shall be permitted to be used for the following purposes:
- Single-family dwelling.
- Private campground.
- Garden center.
- Roadside stand.
- Fireworks sales.
- Private outdoor recreation facility
- Bed and breakfast establishment.
- Nursery or greenhouse.
- Retail sales and trade.
- On-sale alcohol establishment.
- Hotel or motel.
- Events center.
B. Accessory Uses. Accessory uses and buildings permitted are those detached accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to any use permitted use in the district.
C. Parking Regulations. Parking shall be regulated in conformance with the provisions of Article 15.00.
D. Sign Regulations. Signs shall be regulated in conformance with the provisions of the C zoning district.
E. Density, Area, Yard and Height Regulations. The same requirements shall apply as in the C zoning district.
F. Other Regulations.
- The residential density shall not exceed one single-family dwelling.
- When possible, natural storm water drainage shall be preserved. Storm water shall be retained on-site in either existing or new wetlands or retention pond.
- An access management plan shall be submitted for county review and approval.
- The hours of operation shall be between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. No outdoor music shall be allowed after 10:00 p.m.
- Lighting used for outdoor illumination shall be installed to deflect light away from adjoining property. The sources of light shall be hooded or controlled so light does not shine upward nor light adjoining property.
- Prior to future additions, a Final Development Plan shall be presented to the Planning Commission for their approval.
Tiffani Landeen, Chair
Lincoln County Board of Commissioners
Sheri Lund, Auditor