What documents do I need for Motor Vehicle and Boat Applications?

To speed up the titling process please be sure to include the following documents for your Motor Vehicle and Boat applications:

A Motor Vehicle and Boat titling application must be filled out and SIGNED on the second page of the application.

Indicate the way the names are to be joined (either "and" or "or") on the title application and the title or MSO or Title Reassignment Form (if applicable).  
If you pick “and” all owners must sign every document.

If you are mailing in your information, please include the following information via note or letter: 

  • Do you have plates to transfer or do you  need new plates? 
  • Do you have a lienholder? Please include contact information. 
  • Include your daytime phone number so we can reach you at with any additional questions we may have.
  • Boats and trailers are titled, taxed and licensed separately.

*Fees are calculated at the time your paperwork is received. The amount on line 13 of your title application does not include registration.

Additional Motor Vehicle Forms can be found at the Department Of Revenue website.

Show All Answers

1. What documents do I need for Motor Vehicle and Boat Applications?
2. What information do I need if I purchased a vehicle?
3. What if my vehicle title that I want to transfer is held by a lender?
4. What do I need to do to sell/buy a car to/from a private party?
5. Can I get a refund on my tags if I move out of state?
6. Can I get a refund on my renewal fees if I sell my car?
7. How is the annual renewal fee computed?
8. When are renewal notices sent out?
9. What forms of payment do you take?
10. How can I find a Kiosk to renew my tags?
11. Can I renew my tags on line?
12. What tax relief programs are available to me?